It’s time to get real. I am chubby. I’m still carrying around the extra pounds from 2 pregnancies in 3 years. I gained around 35 pounds with Amelia, and only lost about 10 of that before I got pregnant with Maggie. Then I gained some more weight with that pregnancy, and I now I have 40 pounds I want to lose.
I am well on my way people. I’ve lost 4 pounds already this week. Holla.
Here is what I’m doing.
- Drinking lots of water. I also cut out soda, and if I’m not drinking water, I am drinking Crystal Light, or on occasion, juice.
- I eat the majority of my carbs before lunch. I love bread, and won’t deny myself that. I have toast, cereal or a bagel for breakfast most days
- I eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch. They taste good, are fast and easy,(a necessity for me), and are low in calories.
- I snack between meals. Maybe a handful of nuts, popcorn, or peanut butter crackers.
- For sweet cravings I eat fruit or a Skinny Cow ice cream treat.
- At night I cook a sensible dinner, and make sure my portions aren’t too big. Also, I don’t eat after dinner. I find that brushing my teeth after I eat encourages this.
Here are the things that are currently inspiring me.
- A closet full of clothes that I can’t wear.
- My October wedding.
- My children. I want to be a fit and more active mother.
- My knee. It hurts, and I am sure weight loss will help this.
- A honeymoon cruise where I hope to live in my swimsuit.
- Other bloggers who are successful with their weight loss. Here is one that has been really inspiring me lately; The Doe or the Deer.
I have been using Fit Day, to track my weight loss. It’s free to use.
I will be sharing my weight loss journey with you weekly. I know that many woman struggle with their weight after their babies are born, and I find comfort in the fact that there are many woman like me on this very same journey.
Many of the blogs I read have these beautiful thin woman, who after their pregnancy are magically thin again. I know this is not the norm, so I am glad to show the other side of the coin.
I will start posting before/after pictures once I’ve made some real progress. I plan to add exercise to my routine next week. I have an elliptical machine at home, so I have no excuse.
If you have a plan to get healthy this year, I’d love to hear about it!
*Update: Thanks for all the notes of encouragement!!